The GNCHR has developed and maintained close, continuous, and multilevel cooperation with all the institutions of the Council of Europe, and in particular with:
- The Commissioner for Human Rights
- The European Committee of Social Rights
- The European Commission against Racism and Intolerance (ECRI)
- The European Commission for the Prevention of Torture and Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment (CPT)
- The European Court of Human Rights (ECHR)
The GNCHR submits reports which concern the whole range of human rights, while its contribution is constant with regard to the implementation of the European Social Charter in Greece. The GNCHR has participated as a partner in cooperation programs with the Council of Europe and the European Commission such as the JUSTROM, JUSTROM 2, and JUSTROM 3 concerning the effective access of Roma women and travelers to justice, while through the European Network of National Human Rights Institutions (ENNHRI), the GNCHR participates on the collaborative platform between ENNHRI, the Council of Europe, the EU Agency for Fundamental Rights (FRA) and the European Network of Equal Bodies (EQUINET) on social and economic rights since 2015. As part of this platform, the GNCHR hosted in its offices on 7-8 June 2016 the third meeting of the operational platform for Roma equality (Operational Platform on Roma Equality (OPRE). Series of initiatives and more specific actions have been undertaken by the GNCHR in the context of the Greek Presidency of the Committee of Ministers in the Council of Europe (15.5.2020-18.11.2020).
Ιn addition, the GNCHR's cooperation with the European Court of Human Rights (ECHR) has been particularly fruitful and important. The GNCHR cooperates with the Court in multiple ways:
- The GNCHR translates in the Greek language the ECtHR's Factsheets which are available on the official website of the Court;
- The Court, in its judgments, makes references to GNCHR's reports,
positions and recommendations,which can be found here;
- The GNCHR participates in the broader debate regarding the reform of
the ECHR and the EU accession to the European Convention on Human Rights
and the Strasbourg system.
The GNCHR is committed to promoting the work of the Council of Europe and monitoring the execution of the ECHR's judgments through the following actions:
- collecting all ECHR's judgments against Greece; [in Greek]
- putting an emphasis on the list of cases regarding simple or enhanced supervision procedure;
- submitting an intervention before the Committee of Ministers (CM) under Rule Nr. 9 of the Rules of Procedure of the CM for judgments under enhanced supervision, if necessary.
Finally, regarding the submission before the ECHR, instructions, and information in Greek can be found here.